L Visa Personable & Client Focused

L Visa Attorney in New York City

The Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC Can Help with L-1A, L-1B & L-2 Visas

Are you transferring within your company, and your new role is in the U.S.? If so, you may need an L visa to work within the U.S. The L visas are nonimmigrant temporary work visas and are designed for employees who are transferring to their employer's offices in the United States. Our New York City L visa attorney can help you determine your eligibility and can guide you through the visa application process. We can also help your family apply for L-2 visas so that they can accompany you to the US.

To apply for an L-1A, L-1B, or L-2 visa, call the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC at (646) 681-1977.

The Different Types of L Visas

The L-1A visa is designated for transferring employees in management or executive roles. The L-1B intracompany transferee specialized knowledge classification is assigned to employees who have special skills or unique knowledge.

The primary qualifications for L-visa eligibility include:

  • Having worked outside the U.S. for the qualified organization for one continuous year within the previous three years
  • Seeking entry into the U.S. specifically to work in a branch of the same employer
  • Being the spouse or unmarried children under the age of 21 of an L-1A or L-1B visa holder

An experienced immigration lawyer will help you determine if you are eligible for the L-1A or the L-1B visa. Once your eligibility has been established, your employer can begin the application process by completing and submitting Form I-129, petition for a nonimmigrant worker. Employers must also provide a filing fee, evidence, and supporting documentation. Since this process can be complicated, it is recommended that employers work with a knowledgeable L visa attorney, like ours at the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC.

Petition for an L-1 Visa Extension

The conditions of your employment will determine the length of time for which your visa is granted. For example, if you are coming to the U.S. to develop a new office for your company, the initial duration of your visa will be one year, while other qualifying employee situations will begin with a term of three years. You may then apply for visa extensions in two-year increments, with a total maximum stay of seven years. Our L visa immigration lawyer in New York City can help you apply for an L visa extension.

For more than a decade, the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC, has assisted business clients in applying for and securing L visas for their transferring employees and their immediate families. We are well-versed in all aspects of immigration law, and we can help you identify the appropriate visas for your temporary workers.

Do you need an L visa extension? Our New York City L visa attorney can help you today. Contact us at (646) 681-1977.

Success Stories

Our Clients Tell Their Stories
  • “Last December 2018, I received my Work Authorization and Social Security Number from USCIS after years of waiting. The untiring help of Attorney Robert Maher and staff exemplified handling of my ...”

    - Noel Gallardo
  • “Wonderful and knowledgeable Attorney!! Highly recommend.”

    - Mark Strain
  • “Very reliable, professional, explains everything very well, always looking for the best for his clients.”

    - Juan Torres
  • “Thanks, Robert for being an amazing human being... You've helped so much and continue to be the best. I pray for abundant and prosperous health to you and your family always. Thank you so much...”

    - Gillian

The Maher Difference

  • Hundreds of Clients Helped with Over a Decade of Experience
  • Takes the Time to Listen & Understand Your Unique Situation
  • Constant Communication with Your Attorney
  • Work Directly with Your Attorney for the Entire Case
  • Weekend & In-Home Appointments Available
  • Focused on Long-Lasting Relationships with Clients

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.