Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

K-1 Visa Personable & Client Focused

New York City K-1 Visa Attorney

Helping Clients with Their Immigration Needs for 13+ Years

If you are engaged to a foreign national who is not currently residing in the U.S. on another visa, you will need to apply for a K-1 visa for your fiancé(e). This allows you to bring your fiancé(e) back to the U.S. so that you can get married. Our New York City K-1 visa attorney can help you prepare your application and guide you throughout the process. We have well over a decade of experience handling all types of visa and immigration situations, and we can use this experience to help you.

To begin the K-1 visa application process, contact the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC at (646) 681-1977.

Fiancé(e) Visa Eligibility Requirements

If you want to bring your fiancé(e) to the U.S. to get married, you must petition for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. The K-1 visa application process can be lengthy. Part of the process involves proving that your marriage is a valid union and is not done solely to achieve successful immigration into the U.S. for the non-citizen individual.

To be eligible for a K-1 visa, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Both be legally free to marry
  • Have met, in person, within the previous two years
  • Plan to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the U.S.

To apply for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa, you must first fill out Form I-129F, petition for alien fiancé(e). U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services will review this form and the associated documents, and then establish your eligibility for the K-1 visa. If approved, the form will be forwarded to the Department of State (DOS) National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will then send the approved form to the U.S. Embassy where your fiancé(e) will go through the visa application process. Once the K-1 visa is issued, your fiancé(e) will then need to go through a visa inspection at a port of entry, and you will then have 90 days to get married.

Once you have married, your fiancé(e) may apply for lawful permanent residence.

We Can Also Help with K-2 Visas

If your fiancé(e) has children who are under the age of 21 and unmarried, they may be eligible to come to the U.S. on a K-2 nonimmigrant visa. If you and your fiancé(e) are married within 90 days, as required by the K-1 visa, your fiancé(e)'s children will then also be eligible to apply for lawful permanent residence. Our New York City K-1 visa lawyer can help you determine if your fiancé(e)’s children are eligible for the K-2 visa.

At the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC, we take great pride in bringing families together. We know how stressful the visa application process can be, and we are committed to helping clients every step of the way.

To learn more about K-1 visas, call our immigration law firm at (646) 681-1977.

Success Stories

Our Clients Tell Their Stories
  • “Thank you Robert for helping us with our case. Your services were fast and friendly. You are very polite. We would definitely recommend your practice to others for their immigration needs. We also ...”

    - Anonymous
  • “Last December 2018, I received my Work Authorization and Social Security Number from USCIS after years of waiting. The untiring help of Attorney Robert Maher and staff exemplified handling of my ...”

    - Noel Gallardo
  • “Wonderful and knowledgeable Attorney!! Highly recommend.”

    - Mark Strain
  • “Very reliable, professional, explains everything very well, always looking for the best for his clients.”

    - Juan Torres
  • “Thanks, Robert for being an amazing human being... You've helped so much and continue to be the best. I pray for abundant and prosperous health to you and your family always. Thank you so much...”

    - Gillian

The Maher Difference

  • Hundreds of Clients Helped with Over a Decade of Experience
  • Takes the Time to Listen & Understand Your Unique Situation
  • Constant Communication with Your Attorney
  • Work Directly with Your Attorney for the Entire Case
  • Weekend & In-Home Appointments Available
  • Focused on Long-Lasting Relationships with Clients

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.