Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

E-3 Visa Personable & Client Focused

E-3 Visa Lawyer in New York City

Effectively Handling All Your Immigration Needs

At the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC, our attorney has helped Australian nationals with a work visa that is unique to them. The E-3 visa is available to Australians who have an offer of employment from a company in the United States that wishes to employ them. The visa is similar in many ways to the H-1B visa in that the employment has to be for a specialty occupation.

USCIS’s website states that in order to be a specialty occupation, the job must meet one of the following criteria:

  • A bachelor’s degree or higher, or its equivalent, is the minimum entry level requirement for the position.
  • The degree required is common to the industry, or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.
  • The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
  • The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or higher degree.

In order for the employee to accept the position, the beneficiary must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Hold a U.S. bachelor’s degree or higher that is required for the position.
  • Hold a foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree required for the position.
  • Hold an unrestricted state license, or certification that authorizes you to practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in the state of intended employment.
  • Have education or training or progressively responsible experience in the specialty occupation that is the equivalent to the completion of such a degree.

The sponsoring company must also file an approved form ETA-9035, Labor Condition Certification (LCA) and Form I-129 "Petition for a non-Immigrant Worker" with USCIS. There are exceptions to this method of filing, however. Under certain circumstances, a prospective employee currently working or living in the United State under a status other than E-3 may be able to accept employment under the E-3 visa. An E-3 visa attorney in New York City can help guide you through every stage of the application process.

A petitioner employer may file an LCA for the prospective employee and, upon approval, request that the employee beneficiary apply for an E-3 visa on the Department of State's website and then follow up with the scheduling of an appointment for an interview at a consular post outside of the United States. Depending upon the circumstances, this method may allow an employer to quickly hire a prospective employee, thus saving the time and expense often required to recruit and hire an employee who is qualified under this visa.

If you need to apply for an E-3 visa, consult a New York immigration attorney at the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC. Backed by over 13 years of experience, he is ready to guide you!

To learn more about your situation and how the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC can help you, call (646) 681-1977 or contact us online to speak with our E-3 visa lawyer in New York City.

Success Stories

Our Clients Tell Their Stories
  • “Thank you Robert for helping us with our case. Your services were fast and friendly. You are very polite. We would definitely recommend your practice to others for their immigration needs. We also ...”

    - Anonymous
  • “Last December 2018, I received my Work Authorization and Social Security Number from USCIS after years of waiting. The untiring help of Attorney Robert Maher and staff exemplified handling of my ...”

    - Noel Gallardo
  • “Wonderful and knowledgeable Attorney!! Highly recommend.”

    - Mark Strain
  • “Very reliable, professional, explains everything very well, always looking for the best for his clients.”

    - Juan Torres
  • “Thanks, Robert for being an amazing human being... You've helped so much and continue to be the best. I pray for abundant and prosperous health to you and your family always. Thank you so much...”

    - Gillian

The Maher Difference

  • Hundreds of Clients Helped with Over a Decade of Experience
  • Takes the Time to Listen & Understand Your Unique Situation
  • Constant Communication with Your Attorney
  • Work Directly with Your Attorney for the Entire Case
  • Weekend & In-Home Appointments Available
  • Focused on Long-Lasting Relationships with Clients

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.