Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

E-1 Visa Personable & Client Focused

E-1 Visa Attorney in New York City

Dedicated to Helping You Achieve Your Immigration Goals

If you work for or own at least 50 percent of a company that comes from a country that has bilateral trade or commerce agreements with the United States, you may be eligible to apply for an E-1 visa. Your employer (company) must demonstrate that it carries on substantial trade in goods, including but not limited to services and technology, principally between the United States and its country. It's important to note that the E-1 visa can be held by the entity itself, as well as its employees that meet USCIS criteria. To be an applicant for an E-1 visa as an employee of the company that satisfies the trade requirements, you need to meet several criteria.

At the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC, our E-1 visa lawyer in New York City has more than 13 years of in-depth experience in this practice area. As a result, he is deeply familiar with the various criteria and laws involved in obtaining an E-1 visa. Robert Maher and our legal team have an extensive track record of success in immigration law, and we can handle all your needs today.

Call the Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC today at (646) 681-1977 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with our E-1 visa lawyer in New York City.

Requirements for E-1 Classification

In order to qualify for E-1 classification as a treaty trader employee, you need to be coming to the U.S. to carry out duties as an essentially skilled employee, supervisor, or executive of the commercial enterprise. This basically means you need to be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity. However, if you are employed in a lesser capacity, it means you need to have skills that are essential to the efficient and successful operation of the business. Typically, unskilled or ordinarily skilled workers are not eligible.

The current list of treaty countries is extensive, and it includes but is not limited to:

  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • France

Call our E-1 visa attorney in New York City today at (646) 681-1977 to schedule your consultation.

Success Stories

Our Clients Tell Their Stories
  • “Thank you Robert for helping us with our case. Your services were fast and friendly. You are very polite. We would definitely recommend your practice to others for their immigration needs. We also ...”

    - Anonymous
  • “Last December 2018, I received my Work Authorization and Social Security Number from USCIS after years of waiting. The untiring help of Attorney Robert Maher and staff exemplified handling of my ...”

    - Noel Gallardo
  • “Wonderful and knowledgeable Attorney!! Highly recommend.”

    - Mark Strain
  • “Very reliable, professional, explains everything very well, always looking for the best for his clients.”

    - Juan Torres
  • “Thanks, Robert for being an amazing human being... You've helped so much and continue to be the best. I pray for abundant and prosperous health to you and your family always. Thank you so much...”

    - Gillian

The Maher Difference

  • Hundreds of Clients Helped with Over a Decade of Experience
  • Takes the Time to Listen & Understand Your Unique Situation
  • Constant Communication with Your Attorney
  • Work Directly with Your Attorney for the Entire Case
  • Weekend & In-Home Appointments Available
  • Focused on Long-Lasting Relationships with Clients

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.