About The Law Firm
The Law Office of Robert J. Maher, P.C. Works with Families to Create Estate Plans that Preserve their Assets and Protect their Families.
Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC
The Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC helps clients ensure that their loved ones properly inherit their assets, and their minor children are well-protected — through Wills, Trusts, and Guardianship documents. The plans we develop reflect the tax, wealth preservation, and personal needs of our clients. We’ve worked with single people, married couples with or without children, single-parent families, blended families, and unmarried life partners.
We represent individual clients in all types of Probate (Surrogate’s Court) matters, including the Probating of Wills, Administration of Small Estates, Intestacy Matters, Accounting Procedures, Guardianship Matters, and Will Contests. Mr. Maher also represents families in estate litigation matters.
Our firm also offers solutions to persons seeking assistance with Immigration issues. We have extensive experience in Residency (Green Card), Citizenship (Naturalization), Work Visa (H1-B, etc.), and Deportation (Removal) matters.
Experts in Immigration Issues
- Asylum and refugee law (including derivative asylum applications)
- Withholding of and deferral of removal under the Convention Against Torture (CAT)
- Family immigration petitions
- Petitions under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Stokes interviews
- Naturalization and stalled naturalization proceedings
- Visas for victims of criminal activity (U visas) and human trafficking (T visas)
- Investment-based immigration
- Employment-based immigration categories, including EB-1A (aliens possessing extraordinary ability), EB-1C (intracompany transferees), EB-2 (individuals holding at least a master’s degree), EB-3 (skilled workers), EB-4 (special immigrants) preference categories
- Employment-based non-immigrant categories, including H-1B (specialty occupation visas), H-3 (trainee visas), L-1A (managerial/executive transferees), L-1B (individuals with specialized knowledge), E-1 (trade-related work), E-2 (investment-related work visas), O-1 (aliens possessing extraordinary ability), R-1 (religious workers),
- Deportation and removal defense
- Requests to join in motions to reopen with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Waivers of grounds of inadmissibility
- All levels of immigration and federal court review, including before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), administrative motions to reopen before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and federal litigation before U.S. District Courts and U.S. Courts of Appeals
More Information: Immigration Lawyer NYC
Find Us Here:
- New York, NY – Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – Yelp
- Robert J. Maher – EB5Investors.com
- Robert Maher, Esq. – Justia Lawyers
- Robert J. Maher, P.C. – ZoomInfo
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – Google My Business
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – MapQuest
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – FindLaw
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – Yellow Pages
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – Manta
- Law Office of Robert J. Maher, PC – Attorney Lawyer Near Me
The greatest nations are defined by how they treat their weakest inhabitants.
We can answer many of your immigration questions in an initial consultation either by phone or in person.
We will help you assess your situation, identify the immigration issues, and provide information you need to make an informed decision.